Open and save dialogs
From GIMP GUI Redesign
Open and Save dialogs should be implemented natively, not to destroy experience of the platform you are working on
- other points:
- a favourite folder should look like a folder
- in Open Dialog GIMP could remember sorting order (set by user) within a folder, during one session
Save Dialog - the most important thing about saving is that one saves exactly this picture, and right now, that's why:
- We need a big preview img window, but without rulers, menu bar, etc.
- We could set by default Zoom tool, to see the quality details.
- User shouldn’t be able to use other tools while saving (for ex. a brush). Even if it doesn’t save what got changed while saving.
- We don’t like the solution to place quality slider and other settings in the existing image window.